Friday, August 28, 2009

New Project

So, the Steampunk convention we attended earlier this year has invited us back. I'm not entirely sure if I'll be running another panel or not. As much as I would love to, we'll see how the chips fall and if there's space for me. However, they've decided to do a writers showcase/contest of a sort and I've been invited to participate. I'm kind of nervous and excited about the opportunity. I don't necessarily want to win, but the idea of my stuff making through the 'slush pile' to a staged reading would be quite nice. I've never had my work presented in such a fashion.

Ultimately, it's the age old adage - 'shit, or get off the pot'. I've stalled out on my own writing due to work constraints going on between myself and the wife, but it's really a thin excuse. I've become preoccupied once again with trying to gather more information, read other people's work, do more research, flesh things out, etc. I end up spinning in place all under the guise of amassing more of what I need to continue writing. As if the words aren't already in my head. Well, they're not, but you get the gist (is that how you actually spell that word?).

Anyway, the piece for the convention is going to be short. Just about 10 pages, which I assume should put me in the 4,000-7,000 word range or something like that. I've got a couple of ideas in mind, certainly some different avenues. I'll see what shakes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment