Sunday, August 2, 2009

Been a while...

Yeowch. I just got a look at how long it's been since I updated this thing. My bad.

I've made the transition to the new job. I no longer work for one big-chain book-retailer, I work for the other one. :) And yes, they're precisely the hippies I thought they were. All-in-all, I like my job. I didn't realize how much I missed regular book-retail and how much pressure and awkwardness there was in the world of textbooks. I definitely feel a lot more productive on a day-to-day basis and am happy to be back in a situation where I feel I have much more knowledge and control of what's going on around me. Granted, Corporate is Corporate and the Corporation has its ways; ways which confused and frustrate even the best of us.

On the writing front, I'm at 44,500 words. My 50,000 personal word mark is in sight and I kind of want to drop everything and claw at it like a madman until I reach it. Ah well, c'est la guerre. The story is going well, but I continue to add and remove entire chunks of plot. It's kind of crazy, but the basic premise seems to be the same. The issue I'm running in to right now is som eof the construction of the world. I love SteamPunk. It's something I sincerely want to write about, but I do not want to do it from a Londoner's perspective. Part of the reason for that is because I'm not a Londoner and I have only literary and historical reference for what Victorian England was like. It's a wondergul genre, but it's focus on that is..somewhat disheartening. I would really like to take it to the West, with our wild, cowboy mis-givings and see what I can do with it. I dunno. I'll eventually figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment